Wednesday, June 27, 2012

prayers for grandma

To all my crafting friends,

I  just wanted to check in with all of you and say great job on all of your resent posts. All of you have been so creative with your projects.
Well since I've been gone there has been a lot going on in my life.Some good and some bad:( As for the good my high school sweetheart and I finally decided to get married(after 17 years of dating) so all the excitement that comes with a wedding is surly taking up some of my time. Like most of you its summer break so I have my three kids home with me all day constantly asking what fun activity is next. I've been trying to keep up with some crafting but it is super hard. Even though I haven't done anything just for fun I have had a few family occasions that I made party favors,invitations,cards etc. for. So that covers my good things.
Now on to my bad things as you may know in April my great uncle past away after a long battle with cancer. Not only a few weeks after that my grandmother who raised me as a child found out during a routine gallbladder surgery that she to has stage four cancer. The Dr. gave her 6 months to live. This was so sudden and surprising to everyone that it just crushed us. Now not even 3 months into her battle things have progressed severely and she is very sick now. I as well as my family are trying to spend as much time with her as we can. we are her around the clock doctors trying to make these days as nice and pain free as possible. It's to the point now that the Dr.'s have given up and only family and our prayers are keeping her alive. Please pray for her as she is quickly losing this horrible battle. Thank all of you for understanding and I will be back soon.

4 comments:

Anita Braddock said...

Iam so sorry for you and your Family. sometimes life is hard. My Prayers are on the way for all of you. keep the Faith. will be thinking and Praying for you all.
Anita

Beebeebabs said...

My prayers goes out to your family. Congrats on your wedding and may you and your husband have a lifetime of happiness tfs!!!

Debican said...

Nikki,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know how hard it is to loose someone so dear to you. You take the time you need and your blog and friends will be here when you get back. Maybe you can plan a nice Fall wedding...I love fall colors.
Hugs and prayers, Debi

Dawn said...

I am so sorry about your grandmother. I pray that the Lord will give you all strength, peace, and comfort during this time. I feel so bad for you and your family. I know exactly what your going through. Hugs, Dawn